I have a Nokia 6630 mobile phone. It has a memory card. It can play MP3. So, for me it is perfect for listening to podcasts.
Update: I have installed a third party MP3-player to enhance my listening experience. Link.
Update2 I have modified my Nokia headset to accept regular headphones.
1. A cellphone that can play MP3 and has a memory card
2. iPodder or a similar software
3. Windows Media Player 10
4. A card reader for the memory card of your phone
This is the basic concept:
1. iPodder downloads the podcasts I subscribe to into a folder on my PC:
C:Documents and SettingsUserMy DocumentsMy Received Podcasts
2. Windows Media Player 10 syncs the podcasts to the memory card
3. I listen to the podcasts on my phone
How do you do it?
First:Install iPodder and start subscribing to some podcasts.
You can click on all the screenshots in this guide to enlarge them!
Then, start Windows Media Player 10
1. Make a new playlist for your podcasts:
Edit:If you are using ODEO Syncr it will automatically make a playlist for you simply called ODEO, you can skip this step, and choose the ODEO playlist when setting up the sync described in part 2 of this guide.
Now you have a playlist that will always contain all of your podcasts
2. All you now have to do is to sync this to the memory card of your phone:
Select the "Sync" tab in WMP
Insert the memory card into a card reader connected to your PC
Click "Finish" and WMP should sync all your podcasts on to the memory card
Insert the memory card into your phone and enjoy!
This guide was heavily inspired by the one over at Engadget: