You find the brief introduction on how to connect an iPod to your car here. This is the short roundup:
1. Bought a Dension iceLink to connect the iPod to the factory mounted stereo in my 2001 Toyota Rav4.
2. 30 minutes of work to dismount the stereo and connect the iceLink
3. Bought a ProClip mounting bracket from brodit.se
For Norwegians, find the bracket you want on brodit.se and call MobilData and order it. For a piece of plastic it is horribly expensive: NOK 299,-
For the people that have no clue about Norwegian Kroner – that’s about $44 for the mounting bracket(!)
That said, the bracket was easy to mount, fits well and holds my iPod in place. Unfortunately it has a very ugly kind of leather imitation surface. (Click the images for more detail).
4. Mounting the iceLink dock on the bracket. About 20 minutes of work.
5. Mounting the bracket in the car. Also about 20 minutes of work.