Welcome to a whole lot of new readers and followers on Twitter. Due to the overwhelming success of my video showing 2008 in a couple of seconds.
So far the video has been viewed 1,087,240 times on YouTube. 10,312 ratings and 9,579 comments. On Vimeo it has 314,193 views. It has been aired at ABC in San Francisco and been featured on countless web sites and blogs. I’ll get back to the details about that video later. I’m learning a lot by following how it spreads through the net, what people comment about, how people use it an so on. Tuesday 30th was most busy. Giving 28,350 page views and 20,708 unique visitors to this blog. I cranked my Dreamhost PS up to 4 GB RAM for this period of time and it handled the traffic fine.
Wrapping up 2008 on eirikso.com. 252,828 Absolute Unique Visitors spending 1 minute and 40 seconds in average on my site. Since I started using Statcounter back in 2005 a whopping 2,090,757 people have visited eirikso. And according to Google Analytics this is my most popular articles in 2008 (you find the 2008 page views in parentheses):
1. The Media Center Software List (169,361)
2. Direct hit to eirikso.com (35,709)
3. Free high quality streaming of movies and tv shows (30,584)
4. One year worth of images give some amazing videos (21,457)
5. Test clips from panasonic hdc sd5 (13,079)
6. How to program the buttons on your mce remote (12,593)
7. HTPC frontend roundup (12,481)
8. Pandora plugin for windows media center (9,349)
9. How to completely reset your series 60 nokia mobile (7,880)
10. They stole an image of my son and just had to pay $4000 (6,467)
11. HDR-photography (6,239)
12. An impressive yet simple photographic effect (5,649)
13. Perfect adjustment of your LCD (5,600)
14. TVedia an amazing networked media frontend (4,922)
15. Home theatre PC links roundup (4,893)
16. Web browser for media center edition (4,824)
17. Record your pandora streaming radio (4,674)
18. Canon EOS 400D – experience after one week (4,418)
19. Highpad media control pda remote for windows media center (3,867)
20. Silencing an XFN GeForce 6600gt with a Zalman VF700cu (3,696)
21. How to make illustrations even if you can’t draw (3,635)
22. Test clips from Canon HF10 (3,563)
23. Recommended HTPC hardware (3,299)
24. HDR from one single image (3,275)
25. Time stopped at 10:09 (3,255)
What does this tell me? That pretty boring articles about Home Theatre PCs (HTPC) will give you traffic from Google for years…
Anyway, this is a nice place to give me directions for 2009. What do you want more of? Less of?
13 thoughts on “Happy new year!”
Inspiring, Eirik! And interesting to read your summary so far =) Looking forward to an updated presentation live some time soon, wanna come over to P3nett for a show&tell in a couple of weeks?
Just viewed your “one year worth of images” on the home page of Yahoo!!!! Thanks for sharing your creativity.
Happy 2009 Eirik!
The things i like best here are
– geek stuff. How to make your own gps with a kiddie crash helmet, two eggs and a $5 gizmo from Clas Ohlson;
– reports, ideas and thoughts from the road. You travel a lot.
Best wishes Harald
while watching the 40 second version i noticed two faces show up in the forked tree that is just off center to the left of the image. the first is upside down, with forehead at bottom right, chin to the top left. the second is right side up. the eyesockets are darkened and the image appears to be that of a young girl. just something i caught while watching this awesome display of photography and technology.
whoops! forgot to mention the images appear at the 26-28 second mark of the video.
Can’t see them… Could you provide me with some screen shots?
Fantastic web site. Extremely informative. Very impressive. Cheers!
Well done mate,
Looking back at your blog im not sure how big you were before the ‘1 year in 40 seconds’ video you posted but my guess is pretty small. Amazing what the internet can do isnt it?? haha your like a superstar now!!
Have a good 2009
This blog has been running with between 1000 and 2000 unique visitors each day for the last couple of years. With peaks when I have content on the front page of high traffic sites. Right now I have had between 10 000 and 30 000 unique visitors each day since this 40 second video took off.
But I’ve experienced this before and know that the traffic on this site will go down again pretty fast. But it will stabilize a bit higher than before the peak that this video have made. Because of some new subscribers and because all the links give my blog a better page rank on Google.
Happy New Year! I just saw your video on Yahoo. Great job with the 40 sec – 1 year video. It’s so beautiful!
Thank you! 🙂
Great job on the youtube video 🙂
Keep up the great work on the site!
Your video’s now been viewed over 2.3 million times! Congratulations!!